Thursday, April 14, 2011

Filled gluten free pancakes

I baked gluten free cookies once. Since then, gluten free flours are blocking my fridge. Time to change that!


Preparation time: about 40 minutes
Suggested music: Dornenreich - In Luft geritzt; here's the first song from the album: Drang (Why? Why not?)

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup corn flour (edit: quinoa flour works also very well and tastes even better!)
  • 1 cup chickpea flour
  • 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
  • 2 cups soy milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • salt
  • any spices you want; I used some coriander in the mixture, and some parsley for topping.
  • oil for the pan
  • ingredients for your filling; I used some leek, sauteed, added a bit of water+arrowroot to get a sauce, seasoned with salt, pepper, and mace.

What to do:
  1. Mix flours, flax seeds, soy milk, baking powder. Add salt to taste (yes, raw chickpea flour tastes really weird!).
  2. Add a tiny bit of oil to a pan and heat over medium heat.
  3. Pour a bit of the batter into the ban. Bake for 1-2 minutes on each side.
  4. If you want to fold them, do it quickly - they become relatively stiff when cooling.
One leek gave me enough filling for only two pancakes. Therefore I will try a sweet version tomorrow, and even pancake soup (pretty heretic with egg- and gluten-free pancakes, I guess...).

No comments:

Post a Comment