Thursday, July 14, 2011

Vegan Planet

When I became vegan, I bought some cookbooks. One of those, Vegan Planet, I used a lot in the beginning, and then, somehow, not anymore. I don't know why - it looks pretty and the recipes were tasty. When I flip through it, I instantly remember the feeling of my first months as a vegan - a very good feeling of a summer full of discoveries and happiness and, most importantly, the friendship of some of the most wonderful people I got to know in my life. So my task last weekend was: Cook something from Vegan Planet!

For one day, I chose Chilled Ginger-Peach Soup with Cashew Cream - a soup that tastes like a smoothie! Perfect.


And for the next, Walnut Crusted Millet and Celery Root Croquettes, with the recommended Yellow Pepper Coulis. Very good! Although I did not taste much of the walnut crust, which is a pity.

Yeah, I will never become a food photographer :-)
So, if you are searching for another vegan cookbook for all occasions that looks pretty (no photos though) and tastes good, I can definitely recommend this one. It is very well suited for beginners, as it has a well-written chapter about "vegan basics", featuring nutrition, reasons for being vegan, hidden animal ingredients, and presenting food that the average omni has never used before, like flax seeds or tempeh.

No comments:

Post a Comment