Sunday, October 31, 2010

Korean tea

A colleague recently gave me a little plastic bag, assuring me that the contents were vegan. It was an instant drink from Korea that was surprisingly delicious when stirred into hot water.


He also told me where to find a korean supermarket in Paris. I am not totally happy with buying things that have been shipped half around the world, but if they are too good, it happens sometimes.

Luckily, there is a sticker with the ingredients in english on the box:
  • Pinenuts
  • Walunt (Walnut I guess)
  • Almond
  • Jobs tears (Job's tears, some kind of grain)
  • Soybean powder
  • wheat flour
  • Sugar
  • Rice flour
  • Sunflower kernel
  • salt

It is called "tea" on the box, but it is more like a nuts-and-beans milk. Partly powder, partly little nut pieces. I wonder if it would be possible to make the mixture from scratch, without the job's tears maybe? Hmmm... 

For the time being, there are some of the small bags left in the box and I don't need to worry...


No comments:

Post a Comment