Preparation time: about 45 minutes.
Suggested music: Andreas Scholl - Wayfaring Stranger (I think it sounds kind of lemony... well... )
For the dough:
- 200 g softened margarine
- 200 g sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy flour or ground flax seeds + 3 tablespoons plant milk
- 100 g corn starch
- 300 g wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 L soy milk
- zest of 1 lemon
For the icing:
- 200 g icing sugar
- juice of about 1 lemon
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C. Place baking sheet on a baking tray.
- Mix all the ingredients, thereby sifting the starch (it may form clumps otherwise), forming a not-too-solid cake batter.
- Pour onto the baking tray and help it spread evenly.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until the cake is slightly brown on the top.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Sift the icing sugar, and add some lemon juice. Mix. Continue to add lemon juice, until you have a pourable icing. Spread on the cake using a baking brush.
- Wait until the sugar icing is solid (at least one hour!), cut into pieces and serve.
(This is a smaller baking tray with 2/3 of the ingredients :-) )