Today we made a very delicious (and fast!) pumpkin sauce. It's the
Preparation time: about 30 minutes
Suggested music: This is Halloween (ok, not yet, but pumpkin time!)
- 1 red kuri squash (Hokkaidokürbis) of about 800 g
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic (or more, but ours was a few weeks old and very intense)
- oil for frying
- 250 mL oat cream (Oatly Hafersahne)
- 300 mL vegetable stock
- pepper & salt
- lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh or frozen chives, minced (Schnittlauch - we had no parsil ;-) )
- 500 g pasta
What to do:
- Remove the entrails of the squash and grate the squash pieces coarsely. Dice the onion and mince the garlic. Start heating water for the pasta.
- Heat the oil in a large enough pot. Fry onion and garlic, then add grated squash. When squash becomes a little softer, add vegetable stock and cream. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Puree the sauce and season with salt, pepper, nutmeg, lemon juice. Add chives (or parsil) before serving.