Preparation time: 2 hours soaking, then about 40 minutes cooking
Suggested music: Moby has a free EP for download (Be The One) :-)
- 100 g rice
- 100 g lentils
- 1 onion
- oil for sauteing
- 2-3 cm fresh ginger
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2-3 teapoons turmeric
- 2-3 teaspoons curry
- salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro
- lemon juice
- fruit! The basic mix is 2 apples & 1 banana. 1 apple can be replaced by anything you like. In sommer, nectarines are really great. Mango works as well.
What to do:
- Soak the lentils and rice for 2 hours in 500 mL water.
- Dice the onions and saute for a few minutes. Add minced ginger and garlic. Add turmeric and curry and roast for a short time.
- Add the lentils and rice plus the soaking water. Let simmer until all the water has been absorbed (about 30 minutes). In the meantime, chop the fruit.
- Add cilantro. Add salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste.
- Add fruit. Let simmer for 3 more minutes before serving.