Preparation time: with baking and cooling and all about 90 minutes
Suggested music: Oh, we need something from Austria again... Georg Kreisler maybe? (The song is very old and about poisoning pigeons in the park - not very vegan ;-) )
- 150 g flour
- 100 g sugar
- 100 g margarine
- 2.5 tablespoons soy flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 130 mL water
- about 4 tablespoons apricot jam for the filling
- 50 g semidark or dark chocolate + 2 tablespoons soy milk for glazing
What to do:
- Put paper cupcake liners in your muffin pan and preheat the oven to 175 °C.
- Mix all ingredients from flour to water to form a relatively sticky dough.
- Fill a tablespoon of dough in each of the wells. I got 11 half-filled ones. With a wet finger, press down the dough and flatten the surface. If your finger is wet, the dough won't stick to it.
- Bake for 18 minutes (check with a toothstick). Take out of the muffin pan and let cool.
- With a finger, poke a hole in each cupcake and fill with jam. Add a thin layer of jam on top of the cupcake.
- Melt the chocolate in a hot water bath; take out of the bath and mix with the soy milk. Add a layer of this ganache on the cupcakes, being careful not to mix with the jam.
- Chill cupcakes in the fridge until the ganache is a bit more solid.